My 2nd article on Uloop came out this week! It's about my top 5 forgotten Disney movies. Remember these great movies! Maybe watch them again. :)
http://byu.uloop.com/news/view.php/51266/top-5-forgotten-disney-movies
For Halloween I dressed up as Life and handed out lemons (get it??). If you were about to give me props for thinking of it, I didn't. It took an hour of looking up random, easy costumes. Halloween isn't my favorite holiday. But it was fun to watch people as they tried to figure out what I was dressed as. Haha! As I explained my costume each time, it made me really stop and remember what it means to make lemonade out of the lemons that life gives us. We need to take advantage of the opportunities that we are given. Sure, it would be a lot easier if life gave us the powdered lemonade where all we have to do is add water, but that doesn't teach us anything. We can learn from the situations we are put it, and what we learn can help us grow.
I found out when I'm going to graduate! I have two options: I can either do my internship near BYU and take my last few classes at the same time to graduate in April 2014, or I can take my last classes during winter semester 2014 and do my internship over the summer, which would give me the freedom to go wherever I want, and graduate in August 2014. Either way, that's not too far away! Crazy! I just need to remember do the best I can while in my program so that I can be the best intern ever and then get the best job ever! :)
My roommates and I went to the Mt. Timpanogos temple on Saturday. They are both endowed, so they went to do endowments while I did baptisms. While I was waiting to get checked in, a cute old lady was in front of me asking about getting the work done for her family names. The man at the desk turned to me and asked me if I wanted to be baptized for them. Of course I said yes! After I got changed, I got to know her. She is one of the sweetest ladies I have ever met! When it was my turn to do baptisms, I felt her ancestors' presence with me as I went into the water. This experience made me remember that I need to focus on my family more. I need to research and find names in my family that need to be baptized. What must they be thinking when they see me doing names for all of these other families and ignoring them? Of course there is nothing wrong with doing other names, but when there is a chance to save my own family, I need to remember to take advantage of that. I'm so grateful that we have the knowledge in the church to perform these sacred ordinances to be together with our families forever, even members of our family who lived a long time ago.
The last BYU basketball exhibition game was on Saturday, and it even found a way to relate to my theme of the week. We dominated, of course. This one was at least more exciting than last week's. Craig Cusick was dominating from downtown! Anyway, Brandon Davies did something this game that made me respect him more than I normally do. He didn't forget one of his best friends. Davies wore the #41 at the game in honor of Chris Collinsworth, an old BYU basketball player who had to leave the team because of injuries. Davies and Chris played together at Provo High School and for a short time here at BYU. I was very impressed with Davies for donning Chris's old jersey to show everyone that we should remember what an amazing athlete Chris is. He will be missed on the team!
![]() |
| Davies wearing Chris's jersey |
One last thought to leave you guys with: Brandon Davies (@0BrandonDavies) tweeted this scripture today in Helaman 5:
12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.
Remember Christ. Build your foundation on Christ, and you will not fall. :)
PS: With this theme, how could I not put in the most obvious clip from my favorite movie of all time? Remember who you are!


No comments:
Post a Comment