Sunday, November 18, 2012

Winter Has Begun

This post is a little late because it hasn't snowed for a little over a week now, but I'm still so excited that it did snow!

On November 9, I walked out of my door with an umbrella in hand. It was raining. A lot. Being from Portland, I love rain. It is so relaxing! I will say, however, that I do not like walking to class in the rain. Before I got ready that morning, I checked the weather, as I do every morning. It said that it was supposed to snow, but once I saw the rain, I assumed that it was just going to rain.

How wrong I was!

By the end of my last class at 1:00 pm, there was snow on the ground!! I was SO EXCITED!!


There are few things in life that make me happier than snow. What do I love about snow?
  • It is beautiful
  • When you can see it falling in the light of the streetlights at night
  • The sound it makes when you step in it
  • White Christmases
  • How pure it is before people walk through it
Once the snow started, I don't think it ever really stopped. When we got out of the basketball game (more on that later), there was even more snow than before! It was amazing!!

Throughout the day, there was a song that got stuck in my head from Disney's Twelve Days of Christmas sing-along movie from when I was a kid. It's called "Snow Ho-Ho"! If you know this, I am very proud of you. (In the video, skip to 8:52 for the song. Or watch the whole thing!)


Aside from snow, there's something else that means winter is here: basketball season! That's right, the season has officially begun! The home opener was that same day as the 1st winter storm. It was so fun! And we won!! I love basketball season!!!! The student section still isn't my favorite thing, but maybe it will grow on me... I do like the name that they came up with for it: the ROC (Roar Of Cougars). I like that we have a name, AND they gave us free t-shirts! That's my favorite thing!! Except for winning. :)

Speaking of winning, the basketball team didn't do that this weekend. Neither did the football team. Or the volleyball teams. Or the Oregon Ducks. It was a rough sports weekend. My intramural coed volleyball team won on Friday though! And BYU women's soccer advanced to the Elite Eight! That's pretty excited! I hate to say it, but I would've rather had the soccer team lose in the NCAA tournament than the basketball team lose in a preseason tournament. I just really love basketball!!

How much do I love basketball? Here is our apartment's Christmas tree:


Yup, we decorated our tree with the basketball team. We cut out the players from one of the free posters we got from the home opener! It was Amy Jo's brilliant idea!! I love it so much!!

This week is Thanksgiving, so don't forget to be grateful for everything that you have! Here's a great winter song to get you in the mood for the upcoming Christmas season: 


Don't think it's time for Christmas music yet? Read this article I wrote about the very popular Christmas music debate and let me know what you think. When should we start listening to Christmas music? Have a great week! :)


PS: I don't think I'm going to have enough time to do recaps of all of the BYU games. From here on out, I'll probably just write about the really intense ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment