Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Thankful

Don't worry, guys. I haven't forgotten about my blog!

The holiday season has passed, believe it or not. I guess we still have New Years to look forward to, but Thanksgiving was a month ago and Christmas was last week.

Christmas break was really exciting at first because one of my best friends and old roommate got married! I was a bridesmaid for the first time, so it was fun to be involved.

Being home at my parents house is fun, but when I don't have a car and my friends are at work, I get pretty bored. How bored? I did 3 puzzles in the first week. But let's be real, it was fun. I've rediscovered my love for puzzles! :)

Remember how everyone is going on a mission? Three more of my friends got their calls this week. My freshman friends Rene and Clara both got theirs! Also, my best friend Rebecca got hers to Peru! I'm excited that she is serving, but I'm going to miss our phone calls. At least I have until she reports in May to talk to her as much as I can.

Christmas was great, as usual! I'm posting this from my favorite present: my iPhone 5! I am finally apart of the iPhone craze. My old phone was ridiculous because it was constantly turning off and sending old texts and not sending texts when I want it to. I was due for a new one.

It is important to remember one thing: the reason for the season. I am so grateful for my savior Jesus Christ. His atoning sacrifice has given me countless blessings.

My niece 6 year old Dalia wrote a song about Christmas and how we should keep the commandments and how Jesus loves us and he died for us. It is really cute, but it also gave me a good reminder. The gospel is so important, and we need to remember the little things that my niece remembers so well.

I am not going to guarantee a lot of blog posts. I'm going to be writing for BYU's newspaper next semester, so I will be very busy. I'm excited though!

So, merry Christmas and a happy new year!!






No comments:

Post a Comment