Friday, May 31, 2013

Madrid Adventures

Although I do not live in Madrid, I have visited the city multiple times. There is so much to see, so it requires multiple trips. I still have not seen it all and will not see it all. This post will be mostly a picture post. There are many more pictures on my Facebook page, so hopefully we are friends on Facebook or you will miss out on some pictures. :)

Disclaimer: I do not remember the names of pretty much everything. There is too much to remember!!


DAY ONE

The first day that I went to Madrid was with my host family. That was also the last day I went to Madrid with them. Haha! Not because it was bad, just because they don't have a lot of time to take me places. Anyway, we went to el Parque Retiro, which is a HUGE park in Madrid. It is like Madrid's Central Park. We hung out there all day, walking around, playing, rowing a boat (it was awesome). I don't have pictures of this day yet because Laly took them on her camera. I need to get them from her before I leave, and then I'll update this post. It was a fun day! :)

DAY TWO

My next day in Madrid was spent with Eva, Anais, and Anais's daughter Maddie. It started in Sol, the Times Square of Madrid. From there, we just saw a lot of cool buildings and statues. There was a lot of walking, which was annoying sometimes because it was HOT. Haha! A very touristy and fun day!

They took a picture of me getting down, and I think it's funny. That's why I included it. Haha!                      

DAY THREE

The third day was also very touristy, but this time only with Eva. And it was a lot colder than the first two days. This day was especially awesome because I discovered my favorite part of Madrid: chocolate con churros!!!! They are so delicious!!

Best. Thing. EVER.








DAY FOUR

I went with Eva, Anais, and Maddie once again to see inside el Palacio Real de Madrid for free. Unfortunately, it wasn't free until 5:00 pm, and we all had places to go later. So, we ended up exploring the city, looking for a certain monument. We got REALLY lost. But it was fun. Haha! :)


We FINALLY found what we were looking for, and I was pooped.

DAY FIVE

My fifth and last day in Madrid was with Eva. We went later in the day because we were going to el Palacio Real de Madrid for free like we wanted to do the last time we came here. It was SO COOL. I might even like it more than chocolate con churros! :) Unfortunately, we couldn't take pictures inside. You'll just have to believe me when I tell you that it was amazing.
Representing BYU in front of el Palacio!
Just chillin in front of the big church.


THE END....?

That's all of the time I spent in Madrid for this trip. Will I return again one day? Who knows! If I do, you better believe that I will be eating chocolate con churros! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment