Hello!
Or welcome home! (That's what they say where I work)
I have officially began my adventure in Disney World as a cast member. It started on August 12, but I'm just now writing about it. Haha!
My role, for those who have forgotten, is custodial. I wanted this because I read about how awesome it is from other DCP blogs. When I got to check-in, I found out that I was assigned to labor in the Old Key West resort and Saratoga Springs resort (I said it like a mission call on purpose... haha). I was SUPER bummed. I really wanted to work in the parks and see all the magic that goes on in them.
Once training started, it didn't get much better. I didn't see any other CPs (College Program people), and everyone that worked custodial was either Hispanic or Haitian. So, I was alone. At least I am able to speak Spanish, so that helped a little bit. But not a ton. Also, it is SO HOT outside. And we are outside for probably 95% of our shift. Ew.
Then, I was on my own. My first day post-training was scary because I was by myself, but it was also awesome because I found out that there are other CPs!! I'm not alone!! And work isn't as bad as I was thinking it would be. The resorts are pretty chill, especially now during the slow period. So, things are looking up!
You didn't think everything would be magical, did you? ;)
Days off are definitely magical though!! So far, I've been to all of the parks, except for Animal Kingdom, and one of the water parks, Blizzard Beach. It is so much fun! Rockin' Roller Coaster in Hollywood Studios is DEFINITELY my favorite so far. I wish it was longer though.
I've had magical moments already! My first magical moment was when my roommate and I were getting dinner in Hollywood Studios, and I got a "Magic Tray", which meant that they sang a little song to me and gave me a free dessert!! Awesome!!!
My other magical moments involve meeting characters. I've met Chip, Dale, Tigger, and Pooh. Both Dale and Tigger tried to run away with me!! What can I say? I'm irresistible. It was so funny. :)
The major downside of being here is not being in Provo. I've never really been homesick before, but I'm definitely homesick for Provo. I miss the mountains. I miss the dryness (stupid humidity here). I miss the people. But most of all, I miss football games. I know there haven't been any home games yet, but next week is the first home game, and I might cry because I won't be there. Today is the first game (it's away), and my shift starts at the EXACT same time that the game starts. Great. If you know me, you know that it might kill me that I won't be able to watch the game today. You better believe it will be on my mind the whole day though. GO BYU!!!!
Basically, this experience is not what I expected. There is a lot more work and a lot less play than I anticipated. But that is good! Good old hard work is good for a person. And it makes those days off a lot sweeter.
I still love Disney with all of my heart! Some people already seem a little bitter towards Disney just after being here for a few weeks, but if anything, being here has made my love for Disney stronger!
Have a magical day! :)







No comments:
Post a Comment